Wednesday, September 10, 2008

EXPLORATION3: Gave and Ancient Tomb

Where a concept of "BIRTH-DEATH" comes from:





I am designing a block for my client's whole families to live and leave from temporal to heaven, and give a birth to other new genelation. I want to design a house that his future families derive a block from my client. Although my client pass away, he is spiritually and memorially existing in the block, and in his future families' heart. It is like a memorial house (box) for his entire families. I do not want his families forget him or grandparents, grand grand parents.



Anyway...




As my concept strongly relates to "BIRTH-DEATH"



I studied about DEATH, Grave and ancient tomb.




Here are some images of Japanese ancient tombs in Yayoi Period;





This is the most comman external shape of ancient tomb, called "Zenpoukoen-fun". It is like a cave internally and queen's cave is located in the underground. Most of "Zenpoukoen-fun" is more than 100 meters long. Longest tomb is located in Daizen, 486 meters long which is longer than Pyramid 230meter long. These tomb was meant to be built to show authority and memorial reason.










These are the other shape of ancient tomb, was constructed in another period. I like these shapes and materiality that they has used rock. Although the size of tomb is much smaller than the othertype, there is a sense of existence!!!! The grave is also located in the underground, and like a maze to go down. This is an actual grave inside of ancient tomb. It has a similality with the structure of Pyramit. Beautifully designed....It looks like a lurking place. In fact, people wished the king repose to design these graves. Therefore, The purpose for this space is for resting, relaxation for their king. I may use this idea for designing an external bathroom(sharing).


Now I have found a connection between "DEATH" and "RELAXATION (repose)"


There are so many projections. I may use for the structure of kids' play ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...but, What's your relaxation canon?

Anonymous said...

Interesting...but, What's your relaxation canon?