Wednesday, September 10, 2008

EXPLORATION5: Human bodies

STRUCTURE OF HUMAN BODY



I have been kept concerning about human behaviours and occupant comforts since assignment 1, such as connection with family, nature, relaxation zones and so on....




Now I have decided to design a whole families block, so I want to have maximum possibility of sharing zones. I believe it produces a sense of connection and comfort.




Again, I can express my main concept "BIRTH-DEATH" by creating active and inactive spaces. However, I reckon I need sub-active space in this time.



  1. BIRTH: ACTIVE ( because starting to be active to live, and they are pure mind without any distructs)


  2. LIVE: MID-ACTIVE (because there are waves between good time and bad time during this time)


  3. DEATH: INACTIVE (because ends an entire life)

Now I have decided internal views...

So I start to concern about external view of houses...


As my concept "BIRTH-DEATH" and futher explorations are strongly corresponding to human behaviours and activities, I studied the structure of human body. This would help me to develop the surface of houses and structural attempts. As I have mentioned in the previous studies, I want to use Japanese Traditional Structure skills. However, I want to concern about sustainable architecture as well.



Well, I have mainly studied of 3 points;



All of these parts of bodies has meanings that I have chosen.



  1. skin: Shelter, protection from outside---------surface


  2. muscle: power (giving evergy to tenants)-----water supply/ ventilation/ natural light


  3. bone: supports -------------------------------structure
I reckon I can apply ribs structure effectively with Japanese traditional construction skills.I have used these 3 points to develop my internal views as well;



  1. Skin: providing a sense of secure, and privacy


  2. muscle: providing connection of family, and relaxation zones to release their tireness


  3. bone: sharing zones, helping each other



I have examined expectable human behaviours in their house. Especially, we can know that children will do unexpectable movements, so I need to expect crazy behaviours may be happened (play ground).






This is the images of expectable poses when they are relaxing.

No comments: